Yes, the confetti from the Idol season finale is long ago swept away. The “after Idol” TV blitz is in the rear view mirror. So what is a fanatical fan to do whilst waiting on something new from Adam?
- Watch (and rewatch) all the iTunes videos
- Keep re-charging the batteries on my iPod
- Google until the wee hours of the morning for “Adam Lambert” + other strange keywords
- Hunt for new YouTube videos – even when the quality is poor and there is no audio!
Hmmm…are you doing some of these same things too?
So I began to notice many subtle Adam Lambert “moments” as I watch and rewatch, listen and relisten. Things I didn’t necessarily notice, or hear, the first time around…or even the second. Things that only a fan with extreme enthusiasm would notice. So here are my Top 3 Adam Lambert Moments:
3. The trance-like state Adam pulls himself out of at the end of “If I Can’t Have You.” You can watch it here at 2:34, http://adamunofficial.com/if-i-cant-have-you-disco-theme-week/. Adam said he wanted to do a song he could emotionally connect to, and WOW, did he! He had to physically shake himself out of his meditative absorption (his “Zen state”) to transition to the judges comments.
2. This one isn’t just one moment, but a whole pattern of moments for Adam. He has a natural ability to respond to negativity and still come across as polite, and any criticism or controversy or frenzy just seems to roll right off of him. The “Whatever” comment works well for him, and he has used it several times!
1. And my favorite is… It has to be the eyebrow lift at the very end of “Beth.” I could watch that move a thousand times. (You know you want to watch it again too: http://adamunofficial.com/adam-lambert-performance-with-kiss/) iTunes could have gotten away with charging more money for the download of this video…and it wouldn’t have had anything to do with KISS!
And I’m sure there are a hundred more.
Give me YOUR Top 3 Adam Lambert “Moments!”