1. GOLDEN RULE: Vote non-stop & vote in as many time zones
2. Power/group text on AT&T cellphones: test group texting in advance before voting
3. Buy an AT&T Go phone to power text: test group texting in advance before voting
4. Team Voting/Voting parties at home, condo, apartment, office: involve family, friends, relatives, officemates, schoolmates, children, everybody; pay small children to vote for Adam
5. Use multiple voting methods & technology tools simultaneously (landlines, cells, texting, AT&T Go cellphones, Dial Idol, Gizmo, Vonage, etc.; Skype not working)
6. International/overseas fans can vote via Gizmo (see “International Fans” below)
7. Promote Power Voting Everywhere: internet/web, Adam fan forums/blogs, entertainment sites, home, office, condo, apartment, office, school, everywhere.
SUMMARY OF TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS.
NOTE: ADDITIONAL DETAILS BELOW THIS SECTION.
DIAL IDOL (DI):
* dial-up modem
* internet-connected PC
* flash version 9 or better
* Mac: pretend you are a Canadian user
* Windows XP or Vista
* broadband internet connection
* web browser
* free calls anywhere in the world
* iphone, iphone3G, iPod touch
* A pre-existing high speed Internet connection such as Cable or DSL
* A US or Puerto Rico billing and shipping address
* A Vonage Phone Adapter
* Any touch-tone phone, corded or cordless
* doesn’t interrupt your computer usage
NOTE: ADDITIONAL DETAILS BELOW.
ALL CALLS & TEXT MESSAGES must be “OFFICIALLY[/b]” WITHIN the Continental US, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands SUBJECT TO TIME ZONE RESTRICTIONS & WITHIN THE 2-HOUR CALLING PERIOD.
SUMMARY OF VOTING METHODS
LANDLINES: toll free calls; each call is confirmed.
CELL PHONES: toll free; each call is confirmed; your calls will use up your plan minutes; your cell phone’s area code – not your geographic location’s area code – determines your Time Zone restrictions & 2-hour open voting period.
TEXT MESSAGING is restricted to AT&T MOBILITY Subscribers with 2-way text messaging handset/capabilities only (verify first with your phone carrier); only 1 confirmation sent after your first text message; “message not sent” may appear on your handset if text message does not go thru; your phone’s area code determines your open voting window period; cost subject to your plan features or standard rates apply; you will be charged for each message sent from and received by your wireless device, regardless of delivery and including invalid votes cast outside of the specified time period. “Premium” rates do not apply. See http://www.ATT.com for details, or visit an AT&T Mobility store.
EFFICIENT TEXT MESSAGING: Send ‘VOTE’ ONLY to a 4 digit contestant number: 57_ _. Send following text votes by RESENDING “VOTE” – no need to re-type “VOTE.”
POWER TEXTING: TECHNICAL HELP FROM PHONE MAKER & AT&T:
TEST YOUR TEXT MESSAGING FIRST BEFORE VOTING TIME: SEND A GROUP TEXT TO ANOTHER CELL & ENSURE THAT ALL 10 TEXT VOTES ARE BEING RECEIVED.
To set up group texting, you may directly call the phone maker:
Call the Nokia Care Contact Center:
Telephone: 1-888-NOKIA-2U (1-888-665-4228)
TTY/TDD: 1-800-24-NOKIA (1-800-246-6542)
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. EST
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. EST
Nokia flagship stores (NY & Chicago): http://flagship.nokia.com/
Motorola Cellular Support: 800-331-6456
Mobile phones: 1-888-987-HELP(4357)
* Mon – Fri : 7am – 9pm (CST)
* Sat : 9am – 6pm (CST)
find a retail store: http://storelocator.sprint.com/SL2/Default.aspx
1-866-766-9374 (Toll Free)
Call AT&T for technical support:
1. call 611 from your AT&T cell phone and identify your phone maker/model
2. 800-331-0500, Technical Service, if calling from a non-AT&T Phone
3. find your local retail store: http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/
OPTION #1: POWER TEXTING FROM Jess:
1. Create 10 contacts with Adam’s 57** number, title them “Adam 1”, “Adam 2”, up to “Adam 10”**
2. Create a caller group named “Adam”
3. Add the 10 contacts to the caller group.
4. Type “VOTE”, send to, select “Adam” caller group with the 10 Adam text numbers in it.
5. Send text (it’ll take a few seconds since it’s sending 10 instead of 1).
6. It should take you right back to your Sent box, select the text you just sent, hit forward, select the caller group again, and send!
**if having problems with setting up same number for each of the 10 contacts, put same phone number (57_ _) in different slots: Adam 1 in work 1, Adam 2 in work 2, Adam 3 in Home, Adam 4 in Mobile, etc. (credit to eyelinergoddess)
create 10 different contact numbers – then edit later.
Send 10 texts about every 30 seconds. Prepare your next 10 while one set of 10 is being sent, so you have it ready to instantly send when the previous set is transmitted.
OPTION #2 (05/02/09): POWER TEXTING FROM FallingLikeRain:
I found out another way to power text recently, but it depends on the type of cellphone you have. This might be good if your phone allows you to send multiple texts at one time (mine allows 10). Or maybe the contact groups thing will work to; I can’t personally test it because my phone doesn’t allow it.
Here’s my strategy:
1. Go to “Create New Message.”
2. Type “VOTE” into the message area.
3. Go to “TO:” and type in “57__” ten times.
4. Don’t click send!
5. Instead, I exit out as if “preferring” to not send whatever I was going to text.
6. The phone asks me “Save as drafts?” I click “YES.”
7. Go back to the text message main window where “Inbox”, “Outbox”, etc. is and click on “Drafts.”
8. Inside that folder is that text I “preferred not to send.”
9. I click on what I drafted and notice that the ten voting numbers along with “VOTE” is already written and I won’t have to keep typing it in, essentially wasting more time when I need to be sending more votes.
10. Continue to click “Send”/”Forward” over and over because now I don’t have to keep typing in the numbers.
This method allows me to get AT LEAST 4,000 texts in within two hours. thumbsup.gif I hope this can applied to others’ phones as well!
OPTION #3: POWER TEXTING ON IPHONES:
Group texting on iPhones WILL NOT WORK because the contacts have the same number!
An iPhone user myself, I am borrowing a friend’s PDA phone tonight. I inserted my SIM card and now I can send as many messages to the same number as I want, at once!
TO ALL THOSE WITH iPHONES: Find a friend, coworker, family member with a phone that is capable of sending group texts, and BORROW IT TONIGHT! Just insert your SIM card and off you go! Make sure to test first.
In the meantime, make phone call votes on your iPhone using your friend’s SIM card. You can make approximately ~1000-1200 votes by calling continuously for 2 hours because it takes about 6-8 seconds for the call to go through and hear “Thank you for voting.”
U.S. iPhone technical support: 1-800-MY-IPHONE (1-800-694-7466), or
locate a Apple retail store near you: http://www.apple.com/retail/
web discussion tips regarding iphone group texting:
OPTION #4: POWER TEXTING ON AT&T GO PHONES (credit to “Adam’s Philly Babe” from TALC):
“Samsung AT&T GoPhone Model:SGH-A137 with unlimited texting.
I tested the two power texting methods listed above on DwtS tonight and neither worked.
2.Scroll up to Messaging,
4.Select ‘Create New Message’,
6.Click the ‘Send To’ button,
7.Type in 57__, then the scroll down arrow, 57__, scroll down, etc… for twenty slots.
9.Then it should bring you back to the messaging panel and scroll down to ‘Sent’ and select ok,
10.Then you select the ‘Options’ button,
11.Scroll down one,
13.You should see the text “VOTE”,
14.Then select ‘Send To’ and type in the 57__ numbers 20x and continue process for two whole hours… what we do for this boy…”
….it sounds like the power texting methods/capabilities might differ slightly from one model Go-Phone to the next?…..we can get one at WalMart or Radio Shack WITH unlimitted texting option by tomorrow night too!
OPTION #5: POWER TEXTING ON AT&T GO PHONES (credit to jenrdr):
Nokia 26100: set up a caller group with 20 contacts for Adam.
To send a text message
type vote ,
click down three times and click on contact group
(this should bring up the group you created)
(it should say adding 20 numbers)
When you see that the message has been sent (only takes a few seconds)
click send to resend all 20 again
repeat the bolded part over and over yes.gif
I didn’t have to retype the number or vote. All the work was in setting up the caller group.
BUY AT&T GO PHONES:
Suggestion: get adifferent area code – so you can expand your open voting period.
AT&T GoPhone Customer Service: 1-877-426-0525.
Find an AT&T retail store near you:
Hand out instructions regarding group texting. Or I can switch to a lower cost plan – $5/month 250 message plan and keep it.
DIGITAL OR VOICE OVER INTERNET PROTOCOL (VOIP) like Vonage: calls are re-routed, so the area code of the geographic area where it’s routed determines your time zone & 2-hour open voting window period; call provider to verify cost & other details.
Vonage site: http://www.vonage.com/help_vonage.php
Skype: don’t use – problems with last 2 digits less than 10.
DialIdol: http://www.dialidol.com/; need phone modem.
INTERNATIONAL (& U.S.)FANS:
Send a Private Message (PM) to GataBella or Little Bee for details of a new voting method.
GIZMO (credit to mabel):
1. There are 2 versions of Gizmo, the installation version: http://gizmo5.com/pc/ and the web version http://www.gizmocall.com/, Both share the same account, Based on the past several weeks’ experience, some times the installation version works better and sometimes
the webversion works better, the web version usually works better during the first 2 hours(east coast), while the installation version works better during the last 2 hours(west coast).
everyone can install the intallation version and save the web version’s link now, in case one doesn’t work, then you try another quickly.
2.If the Gizmo doesn’t work(after you dial, you can only hear a “ding” sound, no other response), you can alwasy try to use the voting number format like this
(just copy and paste the whole thing into the number parameter, including the ‘+’ and ‘-‘), I can get through the voting almost every time with this kind of format.
3.We better to register 2 accounts for GIZMO, you can open 2 web pages of the web version www.g i z m o c a l l.com, (or 1 for installation version and 1 for web version in the same time) and voting at the same time….but if your internet and PC is too slow, just vote with one then.
4.There is no need to charge any credits for Gizmo or Skype(because the voting number is free), but I dont think skype will work for next week, the skype blocked the number from 1-9(so it only worked during this week with number 10)
For International fans: vote after the 8 pm Eastern/7 pm Central show. It won’t work during the Mountain or Pacific time zones. Need: internet connected computer with a browser and Flash version 9 or better.
* http://icall.com/ (International fans & U.S. fans)
VFTW forum on technical details for Dial Idol, Gizmo; Skype not working:
International (& U.S.) fans can use icall:
Gizmo & Icall:
Gizmo can dial really quickly because you just press to dial and to hang up. The downloads of Gizmo and iCall work the best over online because of the connection. But you could….vote using the Gizmo download AND Gizmo online AND iCall download AND iCall online….that would = HEAPS of votes.
You can get over 500 votes for 2 hrs. using normal phone – and if you also use Gizmo and iCall, you should be able to reach 1,000.
Fans from overseas! You can also use your mobile to dial! It never deducts any credit so it shouldn’t cost anything. I’m not 100% but since it hasn’t been deducting anything from mine, I think its free. You just have to call: 001-1866-436-57_ _ so just add 001 before the Idol number.
There are certain times for overseas voters. For example, I’m in Hong Kong and the voting doesn’t start until West Coast time – so I have to vote from 12:00pm – 2:00pm HK time which is 12:00am – 2:00am US central time. So that might be why some people have been confused as to why Gizmo and iCall isn’t working for them. I can get through for about 10 minutes for East Coast time but after that the lines just keep beeping because it realizes my time zone. So, I have to wait later.
INTERNATIONAL/HAWAII/ALASKA FANS: WORLD CLOCK TIME CONVERSIONS:
current time conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/
future time conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
“OFFICIALLY” UNACCEPTABLE VOTING METHODS PER AI WEBSITE: Pay Phones, internet voting, power dialers.
FULL TEXT of “official voting rules” from AI site:
* hold voting parties at hme, condo, apartment, office
* involve/pay nieces, nephews & young children
* start chain group e-mails to officemates , friends, relatives – with idolforum links, videos, pics, etc. & and ask to “please pass it along to 5 friends.”
International Fans – outside the US:
EFFECTIVE VOTING STRATEGIES
* send group e-mail and group messages from your Facebook, myspace, etc. to family & friends living inside the Continental US, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. Post messages in these sites visible to ALL.
* use Viral Marketing strategies: attaching/embedding links, videos, pictures, graphics, etc. & requesting recipient to “pass along this message to 5 friends.”
* use Gizmo
* during voting time: stay on ADAM-LAMBERT.ORG chat room & focus on voting
* texting/group texting is fastest way to vote: you can get several cell phones with different area codes/different time zones
* borrow AT&T Cellphones/iphones from family, friends & relatives
* vote aggressively non-stop 2 hours or more
* no need to complete the recorded confirmation
* use several voting methods simultaneously (texting, several landlines, several cell phones, use Gizmo, Dial Idol, etc.)
* if having difficulty voting in the first hour, try in the second hour (credit to Crazy4Connie)
* start voting at the middle of the last song
* first call: check that the call is credited to Adam; check periodically thereafter & change phone # immediately if needed
* for effective Voting Methods – including effective texting techniques – please see Part A- Effective Voting Methods (landline, cell phone, texting, Dial Idol, Gizmo, Vonage, icall.)
* fully charge all your cell phones and mobile landline sets
* send group messages from your myspace, Facebook, Friendster, youtube, etc. & post messages, videos, pics, etc. for Visitors to view
* use Viral Marketing strategies: ask your friends to “please pass along this message to 5 friends” & attach idolforumlinks, videos, graphics, pictures, etc.
* use group e-mail messages
* use efficient texting methods: please see other thread on Part A – Voting Methods.
* use bluetoooth technology & speaker phone
SAMPLE MESSAGE FOR GROUP E-MAILS & GROUP MESSAGES FROM YOUR FACEBOOK, MYSPACE, YOUTUBE SITES & POST THIS MESSAGE ON YOUR SITE:
* Vote for the next big superstar – Adam Lambert – for 2 hours non-stop. Simon Cowell even gave Adam a rare standing ovation.
* Please Register & post in our Adam Lambert site: http://adamunofficial.com
* Please pass this entire message along to 5 friends.
* Thank you very much for supporting Adam Lambert.
Buy & Sell Tickets Online
credit to almostgolden:
-E-mail friends, family , etc. telling them about Adam. Encourage them to watch the show and vote for him. Ask them to vote as much as they can during the entire 2 hours and ask them to spread the word by e-mailing others.
-E-mail radio stations in your area letting the DJ’s know you are a fan of Adam Lambert & why. Most of them talk about AI on their shows and they’re going to talk the most about the contestants their listeners want to hear about so let them know you want to hear about Adam. You can usually find the radio station’s e-mail addresses and sometimes direct e-mail links on their web pages.
-E-mail entertainment publications (People, Entertainment Weekly, In Touch, Rolling Stone, Variety,etc.) and entertainment shows (Extra, Entertainment Tonight, Access Hollywood, E! Entertainment Network, Ellen, Larry King Live) and let them know you’re an Adam fan. They will feature the most popular contestants prominently in any articles & stories they do on the show. Again, addresses are on their web sites.
-E-mail Music Critics or Entertainment Writers at your local newspaper. Many of them are doing blogs and stories on AI right now. The more they write about Adam, the more interest and the more people will tune in to see him.
-Creative types can make “Vote Adam Lambert for American Idol” flyers. Make sure to put what time the show is on and what channel it’s on in your city. You can distribute these on car windows in your apartment complex, work place, shopping centers, dorms, etc.
-Vote for Adam in all the AI Polls you can find. Google “American Idol Polls” and some of them come up.
-Search “Adam Lambert” on Google & Yahoo search engines regularly. The day’s “Most Popular” searches are usually featured on their home pages and it’s good publicity for him. This is also tracked by Neilsen to gauge a contestant’s popularlty.
-Watch Adam’s videos on You Tube. Favorite them, Rate them and Leave Comments about them. This can also get him on a Most Popular list on that site.
-If you’re on MySpace send out a “Bulletin” to all your “Friends” encouraging them to watch the show and vote for Adam.
-Go to Music related chat rooms and post about him. I know there are some Music chat rooms on MySpace. Encourage music lovers to watch the show.
-When you see articles on-line about Adam or AI, leave comments. Let all the writers and critics know how popular he is.
-Buy Adam’s songs and videos on ITunes. This also gets tracked by TPTB and people in the music industry.
-If you know anyone going to the AI show, encourage them to bring a sign for Adam so when the camera pans, there are lots of Adam signs in the house.