Many thanks to:
Herb Longs / @AINow for the following interview!!
Adam Lambert Talks About New Video & Tour In Conference Call
Friday, 18 June 2010 14:31
This afternoon, Adam Lambert participated in a conference call with various media folks about his Glam Nation Tour.
AI Now’s Renee Snyder was a part of the call and provided these live tweets:
* A typical day for Adam when not touring is really a hustle – interviews, photoshoots, rehearsals, paperwork, international promo
* Adam was asked if he uses “The Secret” philosophy. He does engage in positive thinking to manifest his dreams. And it worked!
* Adam reacted to the panic of him shaving part of his hair. He thought it was hilarious and not newsworthy. He sees it as “air-conditioning”
* The show is very theatrical. There are 4 dancers, costume changes, definitely glam!
* Adam said there will be more dates announced. They are waiting for the venues to finalize. Some dates also in Asia & Europe
* Adam was asked if he knows Train. He’s “not necessarily a fan, but has nothing against them”
* He has lowered the key of some songs to save his voice and be at his best for every show. He worked with a vocal coach to do this.
* “If I Had You” reflects where he is personally & professionally right now.
* Adam said Neil was looking for a job and Adam said they needed a production assistant on the tour, so they hired him
* Adam said there was a socio-political plan to the If I Had You video. Age, sex, religion, etc doesn’t matter. Everyone can party together.
* He was asked how he chooses which song for the encore. It’s decided at the moment! But it’s probably going to be both now.
* He’s excited to see a wide range of demographics in the audiences. A mix of ages and men and women.Broader ethnicity cross-section
* Adam is not fond of lip-synching and he won’t be doing it. He prefers more vocally driven
* As far as type of venue, he prefers the theaters, which is what he is used to. He also likes architecture and decor of them.
* Over the years he has met a lot of incredible people that are part of “gypsy groups” in LA and wanted to bring them into the IIHY video.
* The Common Grounds show will not be the full show – it will be a festival show…The “festival” shows are usually shorter, so won’t be the full glamnation show
* Can’t Let You Go hasn’t been released in the US and there is only “so much time” in the show, so he isn’t doing it.
* Live cd of Glamnation? It has been discussed, but they don’t really know
* The set includes stairs, lasers, costumes. Rock and roll punk type theme. Turn of the century New Orleans feel
* The vibe from the crowd can affect how “frisky” he is in each performance. It also depends a lot on his mood at the time.
* Adam takes something away from each city. The vibe in the audience is different every night. And he does look at the people in the crowd.
* His current make-up artist/hair stylist is an old friend from LA. He is also working with Skingraft for fashion, who he also knew before
* Adam believes that if you have success in your life, you should spread it around. So he tries to help his friends out.
* Adam will perform Whataya Want From Me on Much Music Awards since that’s the vid nominated.